Monday, September 22, 2008

Checking Off the List

Stained the cedar chest - woot! A couple of coats of polycoat - clear - was all it took for the base and top to take on the sheen of the body of the chest. Granted, the patina of age will come with well, age, but I don't feel the need to rush it. I like my aging to be authentic.

Behold, after:




Now I'm debating about the end table (in previous post with the before pictures)...suggestions? Glossy black? Glossy white? Ebony? It's solid wood...no idea what kind, though.

Unrelated, I snagged this bowl from my mother-in-law and it is temporarily filled with apples. I say temporarily because the apples will soon be in pie. But I love this bowl and feel like after the apples are gone it will remain on the table, all nubby and inviting...



Even more unrelated - on the not-design blog I have an entire post dedicated to Pomegranates, which I love. And one for fashion. I updated my weardrobe account this weekend, too. Perhaps in the quest for an organized wardrobe I am finally making strides...? Right now my best tip is to start cataloguing so you know what you've got. And weardrobe is a great source to help keep it all organized. Happy shopping!

EDIT: I've fixed the broken link to weardrobe.com. Sorry about that!

No comments: