Thursday, April 23, 2009

Birdies

Ok, I'm going to go back through my posts and add tags so that searching will be more efficient for those who are inclined to search.

This one will be tagged "outside" because it deals with exactly that: my outside.

I was sitting at my desk earlier, and since the temperature is over 60, we've got the windows open. I hear this odd little chirping sound and look over my shoulder to see this:

In this picture you will see my cat, Kipper (sleeping on my husband's synthesizer, which he so graciously set up for optimum lounging + bird watching cat goodness,), (I never know where to put the comma there) exploding Calla Lilies, a sad little rosebush, the post for the patio, a picnic table that's going to be stripped and repainted (yay before/afters!), and a blossoming Pomegranate tree.

What you will not see is the hummingbird that was tormenting Kipper by hovering on the other side of the screen, first partaking in a little pomegranate juice - because who doesn't love that? - and then just hovering around tweeting and tormenting.

It looked like this:


This is not my image. I'm not even remotely this skilled, nor do I have the patience, equipment or technical knowledge to get this awesome shot. This shot is from HERE, which also has a little audio clip of what the bird sounds like.

So, to review, we now know that Hummingbirds like the following:

Orange Blossoms

Lemon Blossoms

and

Pomegranate Blossoms

Which are so cool you get two shots of them.

I'm not sure about the apple, peach, pear, apricot, and whatever else it is we've got floating around because those aren't in my line of site, generally. But I'll keep an eye out.


No comments: