Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dishwashers are for Babies

I am currently participating in this, the Apartment Therapy Spring Kitchen Cure.

They want my before pictures to go directly to them, but once it's wrapped I'll post them up here, along with all of the helpful tips I learned for keeping your kitchen clean and decluttered.

Unfortunately, I unwittingly jumped the gun a little here, but I'm ok with that. Because eventually my entire kitchen will be that organized.

Also, when we moved in I knew we didn't have a dishwasher. This didn't bother me. In fact, I actually scoffed "Dishwashers are for babies." And while I still have no desire to have a disposal (I could do an entire post on how bad *those* are for the sewer systems...they mostly encourage people to gum up the works) I have to say that I eat my words a little when I walk into the kitchen and see the remains of dinner...because we like to cook. A lot. From scratch. Almost. Every. Night.

Dishwashers are not for babies.
They're for people who like to spend some time outside of the kitchen during their day.

1 comment:

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Good luck with your kitchen cleaning. I did that this fall, but my fridge is a mess again. Organizing my cabinets was something I had not done in over 5 years! It's such an amazing time saver, now that I can actually find things:-)