Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Would an Earth Day Post Just be White Noise at This Point?

I thought so. Also, I feel like I'd just be repeating myself. So here's a link to last Year on the Not Design Blog.

It's good to note that a lot of these things are becoming mainstream: carry your own bags, for instance. CFLs. Being conscious of gas and water usage. Recycling.

My mom bought (a year and a half ago when I told her that Husband and I were trying to start our family) this book:

(available here)

I've only skimmed it, but a lot of it is useful. We're lucky in San Jose to have a diaper service that composts the diapers for us. Which is an option. The other option is cloth, which is just *so* cute. At the very least, the compostable diapers will be good for travel since they'll function like disposables but break down rather than living forever in landfills.

We'll be using glass bottles (because friends don't let friends drink from plastic). Most clothing, bedding, etc, will be purchased second hand. In addition to be more "green", it's also ridiculous to spend a ton of money on clothes for a baby. They'll outgrow it in a week.

I'll probably compile a list and post it here and on the other blog, since it's adoption related. But it seems so far away at this point that it would all be speculation.

So remember:

(available here)

No comments: