Thursday, January 29, 2009

Back to the Guest Room

I know - I'm obsessed. It's the room we're going to use the least often, so why am I fixated? Because I gave my husband the walk in and the "big" bathroom and I need somewhere to store my books and stuff and I'm sick of tripping over things.

So the bookcase might be in its permanent spot, depending on the size of the guest bed (we now have our first confirmed visitors - in town for the 4th of July. Woot!) but the chair will have to move (maybe?).

Any way, to completely brag: look at how good this bookcase looks! (for now)

There at the top, one of those mag boxes is filled with the last 12 months of Domino (I cull the oldest one monthly so they don't overflow and file the tear sheets)...tear...

The paper-wrapped items in the first image are the gold-framed mirror and a plain unframed rectangular mirror. I have no idea where I'm going to hang them.

I have a thought to hold off on buying the vanity I want:

(available here)

And just purchasing a little tufted stool to slide under this table:

and hanging the gold mirror above it and using the table as a vanity.

Stools options haven't even been researched so who knows.

And just so you don't think I'm completely on top of everything all the time - I spent today burning 23 cds for my sister, instead of dealing with our kitchen table/dining area, which looks like this:


Partly because my brain hurts from all the alphabetizing, leveling, drilling, and hauling, but also because in those storage boxes are glasses like these:

(here)

And I'm secretly hoping that husband will say we can put our mismatched glasses away - donate or put them out in the summer kitchen and use these full time. Mostly I'm sick of having things to store.

Every day I get a little closer to having an actual garage sale. Maybe when I get back from Dallas and the weather is a bit warmer...

No comments: